The ARTAS® Robotic System is the most advanced technology for FUE surgical hair restoration.
The ARTAS® Robotic device aids the physician in performing FUE hair transplant procedures with accuracy and consistency which allows for maximum preservation of follicles for small to large procedures. (www.venustreatments.com)
The ARTAS® robot has been USFDA-approved for robotic hair transplant surgery since the spring of 2011. It is currently the world’s most popular and advanced hair transplant procedure.
The ARTAS® Robotic hair restoration platform includes an advanced multi-camera stereoscopic vision system with 44-micron resolution. This system, along with the device’s seven-axis robot arm, enables physicians to deliver artificial intelligence algorithms and automated procedures with the greatest accuracy.
The ARTAS® Robot eliminates physician fatigue and physician error creating consistent results from the first excision to the last excision.
Under Dr. Kelemen’s supervision, the ARTAS® Robotic hair transplant device uses artificial intelligence to analyze and select appropriate follicular units from the donor area without the risk of linear scarring.
The ARTAS® Robot can also accurately identify and develop optimal recipient sites while simultaneously implanting each harvested graft. By protecting the patient’s existing terminal hair, the ARTAS® Robotic hair transplant system works to maintain a more natural appearance in both the donor site and the recipient area.
In ARTAS® Robotic FUE, follicular units are removed directly from the back and sides of the scalp utilizing the ARTAS® Robotic device, making use of artificial intelligence to minimize injury to follicles.
The ARTAS® Robotic FUE procedure means no linear donor scar as seen in the FUT/Strip procedure. It also means greater precision and speed as compared to other FUE methods. With ARTAS® Robotic FUE there are no stitches or staples and the patient has minimal downtime. Most patients return to work and normal activities within a few days after their procedure.
All hair restoration procedures are performed under local anesthesia. Hair transplant sessions that use thousands of follicular unit grafts may take a whole day; however, medications are given to relax you and the time goes by quickly. For part of the procedure, you will be offered a movie selection and cable T.V. Most patients choose to listen to music, watch a movie, or just chat with the doctor and staff.
The misconception that most people have of hair transplantation is associated with the outdated plug techniques in which patients have significant bleeding and pain. In modern follicular unit hair transplants, the only pain in the entire procedure is for 2-3 minutes while numbing the scalp, however at Hair 4 Life that is mostly eliminated by using Pro-Nox® (laughing gas or nitrous oxide, PRO-NOX Landing Page). There is minimal discomfort during the hair transplant procedure and most patients feel no discomfort after the procedure.
At Hair 4 Life, Dr. Kelemen is involved in every aspect of your procedure. From extracting your grafts during harvesting with the ARTAS® Robot to inserting your grafts. You will not find another physician as invested in your procedure as she is.
Here’s a summary of what will happen during your procedure should you decide to opt for this hair transplantation method:
- Dr. Kelemen will design the hairline on the patient’s scalp, according to their age, ethnicity, and needs and will make sure that the patient likes it before moving forward. The donor area margins will also be marked. This is usually a one-centimeter width strip and the length will be dictated by the needs of the number of grafts.
- Photographs will be taken for patients’ records both before the design of the hairline and after the design of the hairline.
- The patient will be offered a mild sedative (anxiolytic medication) that will provide comfort and relaxation during the surgery.
- In our clinic, Dr. Kelemen is the one and only that performs the local anesthesia and this is done under the administration of Pro-Nox™ nitrous oxide gas (laughing gas) that additionally with the sedative will make you feel even more comfortable. You will be awake throughout but will feel no pain.
- At the donor site, the hair will be trimmed to about 2 millimeters long.
- You will be moved to the ARTAS® Robot room and Dr. Kelemen will excise the follicular units with the aid of the ARTAS® Robot.
- The grafts will be prepared and examined under the microscope.
- You will be taken back to the main procedure room where Dr. Kelemen will make the sites where grafts will be implanted. This is never done prior to the removal of grafts so that Dr. Kelemen can adjust the size of the incision to perfectly correlate to the individual size of a patient’s grafts.
- The grafts will be inserted into the recipient sites created by Dr. Kelemen. Unlike other clinics, at Hair 4 Life to assure the greatest patient results and satisfaction, Dr. Kelemen is inserting the grafts along with her assistants.
- The Hair 4 Life will provide the necessary medications and supplies needed at no additional cost to the patient.
- The next day Dr. Kelemen will see the patient and will shampoo the patient’s scalp, making sure that the donor area and the recipient area are healing properly as well as all grafts are situated correctly and have not dislodged.
- Our patients are given three sessions of hyperbaric oxygen therapy sessions to help facilitate faster healing and growth.